Maulana Azad College
19 Hazi Md. Mohsin Square, Kolkata-700016
TheGirls’Hostel of the College is recentlyconstructed with the financial assistance from, the UGC under its XIth Plan, the Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal and the financial support of MP LAD fund by Hon’ble MP Sri Sudip Bandyopadhyay.
Hostel provides an accommodation of nearly 72 boarders, all modern facilities and all safety measures (24-hour CCTV surveillance, Security Guards). Hostel seats will be allotted in accordance with the existing Government rules.
Lodging: The rooms in the Hostel are three seaters (three students in a room), two seaters (two students in a room) only.
Dining: The Dine of the Hostel is run under the supervision of the Superintendent with the help of housekeeping personnel.
Security: is ensured by security guards and gatekeepers, both government and private and adequate CCTV cameras are installed in the Hostel premise.
All other modern amenities like Common Room, Library, Computer, TV are there.
- Admission to the Hostel will be conductedstrictly throughOnline mode
- Link to apply Online for Hostel Boardership will be available in the College Website.
- The students will be admitted to the Hostel only after they have been admitted in the College
- List of candidates for admission will be prepared strictly on the basis of Merit and district-wise.
- Distribution of seats will be done on the basis of one third of the applications received from the same district i.e., Demand Ratio: 1:3
- Applicants from remote districts will be given preference.
- Hostel Committee reserves the right for the District-wise Distribution of seats and its decision is final
- At the time of physical admission to the Hostel, each student must be accompanied by her guardian/ local guardian, failing which, admission to the hostel is liable to be cancelled.
Students are required to pay the following charges for the admission to the hostel.
|Government Charge for room (Annual)
|Annual charge payable at the time
of admission for UG and PG
In all matters of discipline and conduct, the Hostel is governed by the rules laid down by the Education Department, Government of West Bengal.
- Ragging in any form is completely prohibited in the Hostel.
- Boardership will be given to U.G. students for a maximum period of three years and to P.G. students for a maximum period of two years for the students of Maulana Azad College only.
- Strict conformity to the rules of the Hostel is required of each boarder. Punctuality and regularity in hostel and silence must be maintained.
- Use of any electrical gadget, particularly gadgets like iron / immersion rod / hair straightener, is strictly prohibited in the hostel campus. Violation of this rule will lead to a fine of Rs. 2,000/- for the first time, Rs. 5000/- for the second time and cancellation of boarder ship for the next time.
- Light and fans are required to be switched off before leaving the rooms.
- All hostel properties shall have to be used with utmost care.
- Canteen time shall have to be maintained strictly.
- Any request to change of room or bed will not be entertained.
- Boarders should keep their belongings at their own responsibility.
- Monthly mess charge has to be paid separately to the canteen in charge.
- The hostel usually remains closed during the Puja Vacation and Christmas Holidays.
- Boarders must enter the Hostel within 8:00 p.m. Gate will be closed at 8:00 p.m. Dining hall of the hostel will be closed at 8:30pm.
- After completion of the UG/PG courses a student’s boarder ship will automatically terminate.
- Before leaving the Hostel, boarders have to clear all dues, which will be verified by the authority.
- Withdrawal of boarder ship before completion of course should be intimated to the Superintendent who will release the boarder on receiving all necessary fees and clearances.
- Any physical discomfort like fever, cough and cold etc. is to be intimated to the members of Hostel committee/caretaker as well as local guardian.
- Rules for Leave of Absence
- Boarders are not permitted to be absent from the hostel during sessions.
- Leave of absence will be granted only on production of a medical certificate or a letter from the parents/guardian.
- Boarders must leave the hostel within 48 hours after the conclusion of University Examination.
- Parents and local guardian are allowed to visit the hostel only on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays from 2 PM to 8 PM only at the specified Visitors’ Room. No guest is allowed in the room of the boarder.
- A boarder willing to go out for the day should inform the hostel Superintendent as per the norm.
Violation of the rules will attract stern punishment by the Authority which may also include cancellation of Hostel seat.
Girls' Hostel Supervision Sub-Committee
|Dr. Sucheta Singha (Chandra)
|Mrs. Mina Mazumder
|Mrs. Anamitra Chatterjee
|Dr. Husna Bano
|Dr. Debalina Bhattacharya
|Dr. Panchali Sengupta
|Tarique Ali Nayyar